BTS Saphan Taksin Station
Saphan Taksin Station is a gateway to Thon Buri, another side of Bangkok across Chao Phraya
River. The station links to many nearby piers that will lead you to many interesting riverside attractions by
Express Boat. The station is surrounded by many hotels, temples, schools, and Charoen Krung neighborhood.
Explore Saphan Taksin Station
- Robinson Bang Rak : A famous shopping malls with hundreds of shops and
services, located on Charoen Krung Road, a few steps away from BTS's exit 3, opens everyday at 10.30 AM - 10.00
- River City Shopping Complex : A hi-end shopping barzaar providing various
antiques, Thai-themed oil paintings, wearing appliances made of Thai Silk, upscale imported rugs, fine
handbags, and traditional Thai-styled souvenirs. Located next to Si Phaya Pier, can be reached by taking River
City Shuttle Boat from Sathorn Pier to Si Phaya Pier, opens everyday at 10.00 AM - 10.00 PM.
- Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok : A world-class hotel offering 802 luxury rooms fully equipped
with essential amenities and complementary services; featured with spectacular view of the riverside
Bangkok. Located on the bank of Chao Phraya River, can be reached by Express Boat via Sathorn Pier.
- Bossotel Hotel : An elegant hotel offering 81 newly-renovated rooms equipped with Wi-Fi
and full facilities. Located on Charoen Krung Road, next to Shangri-La Hotel.
- Escape Boutique Bed & Breakfast : A beautiful boutique hotel providing 8
well-furnished rooms with all essential amenities and many convenient services. Located on Sathorn Terrace
Building, can be reached by a short taxi trip from BTS's exit 3.
- Astera Hotel : A cute hotel offering 104 colorful rooms equipped with all the necessary
amenities and on-site facilities. Located on Soi Sathorn 21, just a few minutes away from exit 4 of the
- Queen of Curry : A restaurant catered to tourists serving famous Thai food
like Phad Thai, Green Curry Soup, Tom Yum Goong and many more at affordable price. Located on Soi Charoen Krung
50, about 100 meters away from BTS station, opens daily at 10.00 AM - 10.00 PM.
- Prachak Restaurant : A renowned restaurant for Charoen Krung neighborhood that
has been opened for more than a century, serving delicious grilled duck with yummy sauce, egg noodles with pork
/ shrimp dumplings, dim sum, and many other menus at the very cheap price. Located opposite to Robinson Bang
Rak, only steps away from BTS's exit 3.
- Sirocco and Sky Bar : The world's tallest rooftop bar and restaurant, also
known as The Dome, serving good taste of food and cold beverage; featured with the stunning night view along
Chao Phraya River and live jazz band. Located on the 63th floor of State Tower, opens everyday from 6.00 PM -
- Assumption Cathedral : The main Roman Catholic church of Bangkok, built
according to the initiation of French Missionary, Father Pascal, in 1809 and completed in 1821. The church was
intensively destroyed during the World War II bombing but later reconstructed with huge amount of budget. In
1984, Pop John Paul II visited Assumption Cathedral to show the prominence of the church in the Roman Catholic
community in Thailand. The church is located on Soi Charoen Krung 40 or Soi Oriental, can be reached by taking
Chao Praya river boat from Sathorn Pier to N1 Oriental Pier or you can walk along Charoen Krung Road which is
around 800 meters away from BTS station. The church is opened daily and the mass in English is available on
Sunday at 10.00 AM only.
- Wat Yannawa Temple : An ancient Buddhist temple built in Ayutthaya era
(1350-1767), originally called Wat Khok Khwai (means buffalo stable) and later renamed to Wat Khok Krabue (same
meaning but more polite language) when it was designated to be the royal temple in the reign of King Rama I of
Rattanakosin Kingdom (1782-1809). In the reign of King Rama III, (1824-1851), the giant Chinese junk with two
large pagodas on its deck was built to commemorate the prosperous trade between Thai and China during that
period, and that was why the temple was renamed to Wat Yannawa (boat temple). Apart from the unique Chinese
junk with pagodas, the temple also consists of the statue of Kind Rama III, ancient bell tower, ubosot, and the
office and library with exquisite architectures. You can visit Wat Yannawa by taking exit 4 and walk for just a
few minutes until you see Soi Charoen Krung 52, the temple is located right next to that Soi.
- Rhythm Sathorn 21 Condominium
- The Bangkok South Civil Court
- Sutthi Wararam Temple
- Chan Road
- Shrewsbury International School Bangkok
- Sutthi Wararam School
- Yannawa School
- MOT Service Center
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Siam Commercial Bank
- Kasikorn Bank
- Bangkok Bank
- Chao Phraya Tower
- Sathorn Pier (Central Pier)
- Pepsi Pier
- Serm Suk Building
- Princess Tower
- Center Point Silom
- Lerdsin Hospital
- Assumption College
- Suan Phlue Temple
- Embassade de France en Thailand
- Taksin Bridge (Sathorn Bridge)