BTS National Stadium Station
National Stadium Station is is the beginning station of Silom Line, situated next to Siam Station. It is
surrounded by a large shopping mall, 5-star hotels and interesting museums.
Explore National Stadium Station
- MBK Center : Also known as Mahboonkrong. It is a large shopping mall with more
than 2,000 shops and services inside. It is very famous for cheap goods, no matter it's genuine or counterfeit.
It is also renowned for being the center of mobile market in Bangkok as there are hundreds of them located on
the 4th floor of this mall. It is a place where you can find the latest cell phones at reasonable price though
they are rare items in the country at the time. MBK Center opens daily from 10.00 AM - 9.00 PM.
- Tokyu : A subsidiary of the Japanese department store chain with four-storey
located at the northern end of MBK Center. This department store have all well-known shops with a selection of
goods imported from Japan.
- Bonanza Mall : A shopping mall where you can find the fashion clothes,
cosmetics and accessories for teenagers at reasonable price. Bonanza Mall is located across MBK Center, just
take the sky bridge on the 2nd floor and turn left you will find it.
- 29 Plaza : Another shopping plaza located next to Bonanza Mall. You can take
the sky bridge on the 2nd floor of MBK Center and go straight on you will find it.
- Pathumwan Princess Hotel : A 5 stars hotel offering 455 rooms with full facilities with
premier services. The hotel is located right next to MBK Center and only few minutes walk to Siam Square,
that's why it is one of the most popular hotels in town.
- Lub d Bangkok Siam Square Hostel : An alternative accommodation for those who has
limited budget. This hostel offers clean and cozy rooms with full facilities at inexpensive price.
- Siam at Siam Design Hotel & Spa : A hip hotel with 203 well-decorated with full
facilities rooms featured with spa and fitness. The hotel also provides calm though it is situated in the
heart of the busy spot of Bangkok.
- Party House One : A pub and restaurant with "Everyday is Party" concept. The
decoration is unique by using industrial materials featured with the colorful furniture. The menus are mostly
Thai, steaks and spaghetti with various drinks depends on your style. Live music is also provide under the
theme "7 Days 7 Moods". Party House One is located on the 1st floor of Siam @ Siam Design Hotel & Spa, open
nightly from 6.00 PM to 2.00 AM.
- The Roof Restaurant : The first open-air restaurant in Thailand that allows
you to cook by yourself at the "Hot Stone Grill" - a special grill with 400 degrees of heat. It is a place
where you can enjoy your dinner while looking at the beautiful night scenery. The Roof Restaurant is situated
on the 25th floor of Siam @ Siam Design Hotel & Spa, opens everyday from 6.00 PM to 12.00 AM.
- Bangkok Art and Culture Center : A contemporary art museum with unique
building design. The center is featured with art gallery, multipurpose rooms, a public library, art market,
etc. It is a good place to relax and enjoy art in a various kind without paying for a ticket. Bangkok Art and
Culture Center opens every Tuesday to Sunday from 10.00 AM to 9.00 PM.
- Suphachalasai National Stadium : One of the most significant national stadiums
of Thailand that has been host to many major national and international sport events. The stadium consists of
athletics field, multipurpose stadium with running track, sporting facilities which is the best place to
exercise in this area.
- The Jim Thompson House & Museum : A home of James Harrison Wilson Thompson
(aka Jim Thompson), the founder of the world renowned Jim Thompson Thai Silk Company who disappeared in 1967.
The house consists of a group of teak house in traditional Thai style where you can see a large collection of
Buddhist and secular art from Thailand and neighbor countries. Jim Thompson House & Museum is located on
soi Kasemsan 2, opens daily from 9.00 AM - 5.00 PM.
- Movies : SF Cinema City and Scala Theatre are located in this area for you to
choose. If you want to see a movie in classic ambiance with cheap ticket, Scala is your choice. But if you want
modern theatre, SF Cinema City is the right place.
- Siam Motor Building
- Krung Thai Bank (Pathumwan branch)
- Pathumwan Institute of Technology
- Tesco Lotus Supercenter (Rama I branch)
- Tanabutr Building
- Suksapan Panit
- Ministry of Tourism and Sports
- Nissan Showroom
- Honda Showroom
- Community Pharmacy Laboratory, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chulalongkorn University
- Rajamangala University of Technology Tawan-Ok Uthentawai Campus
- Triam Udom Suksa School
- Chulalongkorn University